the SCI Archives the SCI Archives
East-West

Milestones of SCI projects in the East-West context

1946 Sítina, Olesovice, Steknice (CSR)
1947 Lucimia / AFSC (Poland)
1947 Omladinska pruga Samac-Sarajevo (Yugoslavia)
1955 Warzawa (Poland)
1958 Kupino (USSR)
1966 Halle-West (GDR)
1966 Tata (Hungary)
  

The East-West commitment of SCI since 1946

Since 1946 SCI is involved in the eventful changes and developments in the East-West exchange. The beginn of activities goes back to 1946 with post war relief projects in Poland and Czechoslovakia. With the beginning of the Cold War in the late 1940s, SCI set up a continuously exchange with several communist countries from 1955 on. In co-operation with socialist volunteer organisation workcamps were organised. This contacts were intensified in the 70s in order to facilitate volunteer exchange. Since the political shift in 1990s new SCI initiatives started in Eastern Europe.

 

Articles on East-West

Read also the about the East-West development in SCI Germany.

Photos in SCI Archives

  • Veliko Tarnovo 1985 (Bulgaria)
    (3 Images)

  • Warsaw 1955 (Poland)
    (10 Images)

  • Cisna 1958 (Poland)
    (10 Images)

  • Printed matters East-West
    (9 Images)

  • Volunteers of OHP, Warsaw 1977? (Poland)
    (4 Images)

  • Printed matters Belarus
    (4 Images)

  • Minsk 1988
    (7 Images)

click on the photo




Service Civil International - International Archives (2004-2020) - Conditions of Use - Contact